Skip to main content

Another year, come and gone...

I remember this day like it was yesterday... tears and all (on my part, of course)...it was the first day of 1st grade...



And now here she is with 1st grade done and over with and sooooo completely ready to tackle 2nd grade!



The differences are subtle, like the kind only the mother can see, but when I compare the two sets of photos it's my little baby that is missing. Those sweet innocent features and thoughts of barbies and baby dolls have now been replaced with dreams of kick ball, a boy named Matthew and being the first girl on an NFL team. No joke! Oh man I can only imagine what 2nd grade holds for us!!

We absolutely fell in love with her teacher, Mrs. G. We honestly thought her kindergarten teacher had set the bar so high with her love and attention to Sam that there was no way anyone could come close to being as good as Mrs. H. Then came Mrs. G. That teacher will forever be the gold standard in my book. You could truly feel her love and care for Sam and each one of the kids in her class... simply amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Whoa baby, it's been a lonnnng time!

OK, here we go... my attempt to play catch up... Scrolling down you see it was just a few posts ago that I was so proud of my new lil 2nd grader. Well as time so often does it just flew right by and we just wrapped up 2nd grade year... watch out 3rd grade. As tradition in our house here is Sam's mini shoot commemorating her 2nd grade year.

Another before and after... this one is not so dramatic...

Before: 4 bandanas (2 zebra print & 2 pink polka dot) After: 1 very ADORABLE bandana dress and 1 super STYLISH bandana shirt Now I know this is not a new concept here, but I am really quite proud of my little sewing creation. So proud that I'm sure the girls are going to be screaming and chanting 'put down the bandana and just walk away'. These were oh so (and sew) easy!!! I'm seeing one in every color and pattern for the girls... oh the possibilities!!

Our prima ballerina!

Miss Sammy had her 2nd dance recital with Miss Annie's dance class. I was beaming ear to ear watching her dance her heart out. She was absolutely beautiful, graceful and completely poised. I'm so glad she enjoys dance class and can't wait to start up the next session.