Skip to main content

The Herrick Family Vacation - 2010 [part 3b]

My sincerest apologies for that very long dramatic pause between posts. It would seem that you should NEVER solely rely on your external hard drive as your ONLY form of data back up. I escaped this potential devastating loss with a whole new appreciation and outlook on data back up.

Any whoooo... on with the vacation recap and photos...

We were lucky to see my folks again one last time before we headed home. My bro made an amazing dinner for us all and we had loads of fun watching the kiddos play.



Once Sam spotted my bro's skateboard there was no way you could pry her away from it...she was hooked on trying to master a 360 spin and a couple other tricks her dad was all to proud to show her "how it's done". Then there was Brooke who I'm pretty sure tried to sneak her cousins Razor scooter into her luggage to take home...that's how much she loved scootin' around their yard.


How many kids can say their cool uncle has an actual recording studio?? Not many... Sam was uber impressed and wanted to spend every second of the day in the studio - just watching and playing. My bro was beyond gracious to spend some time with her to help her record some music. The girl could not stop grinning...I'm anxious to get my hands on that music when my bro & his family come to visit in a few weeks.


The weather was so nice that I was ecstatic to see my kids walk into the house and head straight for the backyard...we never see that at our house. ;-)




I don't know what it is about my nephews, but they sure have a way with facial expressions. My kids kept calling baby Z... 'freaky-eyeball-baby' because he would sit and stare at the kids with these huge, wide eyes. It was quite adorable.
The photo on the left is baby Z during our visit and the photo on the right is one I took of lil man J when he was just a few weeks old...an absolute favorite of mine...cracks me up!


Of course no trip would be complete without the self-timer group photo...

Popular posts from this blog

Whoa baby, it's been a lonnnng time!

OK, here we go... my attempt to play catch up... Scrolling down you see it was just a few posts ago that I was so proud of my new lil 2nd grader. Well as time so often does it just flew right by and we just wrapped up 2nd grade year... watch out 3rd grade. As tradition in our house here is Sam's mini shoot commemorating her 2nd grade year.

Brody stories...

I know I’m biased, but I really do think my kids are hilarious and say the funniest things. Here’s a Brody story for you... Last Sunday (May 20th) we were eating dinner with the TV on in the background turned down pretty low. We were all talking about random things and then some image flashed on the TV. Scott looked to Brody and said ‘what is that?’. Side note: we are always trying to quiz him on what things look like and what he sees and if he can make out objects at certain distances away...given his eye issues.  Well, I don’t remember what the photo or image was on TV, but I remember his answer being not quite right. So a few seconds later something else appeared on TV - I think it was a cactus - and we quickly asked Brody ‘what is that?’... and he said cactus. And then a dog came on the screen and he just said dog (like the trained animal HE is ;-). And then...the next thing that came on the screen was a photo of some restaurant’s wine cellar and wine selection. So I asked,

Our prima ballerina!

Miss Sammy had her 2nd dance recital with Miss Annie's dance class. I was beaming ear to ear watching her dance her heart out. She was absolutely beautiful, graceful and completely poised. I'm so glad she enjoys dance class and can't wait to start up the next session.