Skip to main content

Our first field trip...

All of the kindergarten classes at Sam's school went on a fantastic field trip today and I was lucky enough to be one of the parent chaperones... seriously, it doesn't get much better then this!! Going with Samantha's class today brought back so many memories of going on field trips when I was in elementary school and how I would beg my mom to please be a chaperone and take the day off of work. In the few occasions she was able to come with me, I remember those as being some of my favorite field trips... but I digress.

So, I'm blogging about today's field trip to Superstition Farms for several reasons...

Reason #1... this was Samantha's first field trip so why wouldn't I blog it!! She could hardly sleep last night and she woke me up at 6:30 this morning practically ready to drive herself to school - she was very anxious to get the day going. She had so much fun! Where there are animals (especially farm animals) you know Sam is a happy camper!

Here is Sam holding the rooster named "Ricky"...


Reason #2... I had to wear this ridiculous orange viser! Well, all the parents and kids did, but I still think I look ridiculous. However, it was in fact, a brilliant idea by Sam's teacher; she assigned each chaperone and their group a color visor and each person was to where their visor at all times so it would be a quick way to find our group in a sea of kindergartners. I still think I look ridiculous, though ;-)

This is me trying to get a picture of Sam, another boy in my group and myself... I'm not very good at doing this... but you can at least see my ridiculous visor...


Reason #3... is because of this picture. Unfortunately I just happen to click my camera button the same time this goat wanted a "piggy-back ride" as one of the farmers called it. Then the best part is that once I realized what was going on, I look over to my dear friend Leanne (luv ya girl) and she is having a total photo shoot of these animals... I can't imagine what her photos look like. It was so funny... in a total juvenile, 11 year old boy kind of way...


And finally, here is my whole gang... we ROCKED the orange visors!


Other highlights... from the mouth of babes...
During the day one of the farmers taught us some interesting things about their dairy cows. He told us that some of their cows weigh as much as 1,500 pounds. Without missing a beat, one boy from Sam's class says "wow, that's more than my sister weighs". PRICELESS!

One of the last things we did as a class was take a tractor pulled hay ride around the dairy farm. A gal who works on the farm rode along with us telling us fun facts about the cows, how much milk they produce and about the baby cows they had on the farm. At the end of the ride she asks if anyone has any questions. Sam immediately raises her hand and asks how old the cows are when they have babies and the gal responds, 2 to 3 years old. Everyone oooo's and ahhhh's and then another little girl next to Sam asks, how do they get the babies out at which point our tour guide turned bright red and says "you're going to have to ask your mom that question"... too, cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Whoa baby, it's been a lonnnng time!

OK, here we go... my attempt to play catch up... Scrolling down you see it was just a few posts ago that I was so proud of my new lil 2nd grader. Well as time so often does it just flew right by and we just wrapped up 2nd grade year... watch out 3rd grade. As tradition in our house here is Sam's mini shoot commemorating her 2nd grade year.

Brody stories...

I know I’m biased, but I really do think my kids are hilarious and say the funniest things. Here’s a Brody story for you... Last Sunday (May 20th) we were eating dinner with the TV on in the background turned down pretty low. We were all talking about random things and then some image flashed on the TV. Scott looked to Brody and said ‘what is that?’. Side note: we are always trying to quiz him on what things look like and what he sees and if he can make out objects at certain distances away...given his eye issues.  Well, I don’t remember what the photo or image was on TV, but I remember his answer being not quite right. So a few seconds later something else appeared on TV - I think it was a cactus - and we quickly asked Brody ‘what is that?’... and he said cactus. And then a dog came on the screen and he just said dog (like the trained animal HE is ;-). And then...the next thing that came on the screen was a photo of some restaurant’s wine cellar and wine selection. So I asked,

Our prima ballerina!

Miss Sammy had her 2nd dance recital with Miss Annie's dance class. I was beaming ear to ear watching her dance her heart out. She was absolutely beautiful, graceful and completely poised. I'm so glad she enjoys dance class and can't wait to start up the next session.