Skip to main content

I never said this would be easy...

...Ok so I'm a bit slow to keep up on my blogging, but the good news is there's lots to say.

We'll start with the GOOD...
So upon seeing my hair transformation Miss Samantha has been on a kick to get her hair cut, too. She's been saying that when her hair touches her neck it drives her crazy and she wanted it as short or shorter than my new hair cut. Well, knowing that swim class would be starting in 72 hours last Saturday I took the little misses to a salon (nothing fancy, well not if you consider Cost Cutters fancy) and the stylist proceeded to weed whack my sweet daughter's hair; almost to the point where I was about to punch her in the nose if she did not put down her scissors and just walk away. Now, you may be thinking how is this GOOD... well after we got home from the butcher, oh I mean Cost Cutters I spent a good 30mins playing with Sam's hair to see if it could be salvaged. And well, I think I'll live... she on the other hand is completely in love with her new hair, but then again she doesn't have to try to squeeze what little hair she has into some hair clip.
the BAD...
And this just happened 45mins ago.  We were all eating lunch together at the table (I'm mostly blogging this to show that there are actual times we DO eat together as a family, rare and few, but true) when Brooke climbed on the bench to be near daddy when all of a sudden she lost her balance, Scott caught her by the bum and she flung herself forward to steady herself but slammed the corner of her eye right onto the corner of our very solid table.  The sweet little peanut now has a very large goose-egg right on her eyebrow.  I on the other hand was a wreck and if it weren't for the fact that she only wanted me and I couldn't break down in front of her I would still be crying.  To see my sweet little baby with the biggest black n blue knot on her eye is enough to tear at any mother's heart.  And so, what is a real mother to do... well blog it, of course...



And now for the UGLY...
This really isn't so much ugly as it is hilarious and only proves the point that I have no idea where these kids came from... This final set of pictures were taken after I asked Sam to get ready to go to her Grandma's for a sleepover.  When she emerged from her room like this I only had one thought... wear's my camera.  This girl is so funny... love her to pieces but she definitely got her style from her daddy... I make no claim to this nor take any credit...


Popular posts from this blog

Whoa baby, it's been a lonnnng time!

OK, here we go... my attempt to play catch up... Scrolling down you see it was just a few posts ago that I was so proud of my new lil 2nd grader. Well as time so often does it just flew right by and we just wrapped up 2nd grade year... watch out 3rd grade. As tradition in our house here is Sam's mini shoot commemorating her 2nd grade year.

Brody stories...

I know I’m biased, but I really do think my kids are hilarious and say the funniest things. Here’s a Brody story for you... Last Sunday (May 20th) we were eating dinner with the TV on in the background turned down pretty low. We were all talking about random things and then some image flashed on the TV. Scott looked to Brody and said ‘what is that?’. Side note: we are always trying to quiz him on what things look like and what he sees and if he can make out objects at certain distances away...given his eye issues.  Well, I don’t remember what the photo or image was on TV, but I remember his answer being not quite right. So a few seconds later something else appeared on TV - I think it was a cactus - and we quickly asked Brody ‘what is that?’... and he said cactus. And then a dog came on the screen and he just said dog (like the trained animal HE is ;-). And then...the next thing that came on the screen was a photo of some restaurant’s wine cellar and wine selection. So I asked,

Our prima ballerina!

Miss Sammy had her 2nd dance recital with Miss Annie's dance class. I was beaming ear to ear watching her dance her heart out. She was absolutely beautiful, graceful and completely poised. I'm so glad she enjoys dance class and can't wait to start up the next session.