Skip to main content

Our first camping trip... well, with the twins that is...

This past weekend we were fortunate enough to go on our very first camping trip as a family of 5 with some very dear, sweet friends of ours (also known as my YaYa's). That's right, twins and all... we packed up Scott's car - literally filled to the brim (I really wish I had a picture to show you) and headed up to a really great spot about 2.5 hours from our home.

Everyone had such a great time and the twin's were great - I however became severely worn out just trying to keep up with the wiping of hands and faces every time they touched dirt. Needless to say that task was soon abandon about 15 minutes after our arrival. Here are some highlights of our adventure with the McKnights & the Belnaps... (sorry for number of pictures... I just couldn't narrow it down to just a few :-)


Seriously... could this kid be any cuter (and dirtier)... 
Little cookie happy as can be!
And then there's the YaYa's... my very best friends... the reason why I'm so crazy and yet stay so sane!
And just because there was one stray YaYa who could not make it on this trip, I post this picture for her... We missed you Stacie...
This was the life...

Are 2 heads better than 1... I guess it can be when looking for crawdads.
Ahhh, the crawdad... the source of many screaming little girls.
Then there's me... not quite stable on the rocks and nearly falling in...
Soooo adorable... we could not believe that Brody would actually keep his hat on!  These babes were the best, so content just sitting in the water playing with their toys.
Remember said crawdad from the above picture... yeah well he escaped the sanctuary that was built for him and the girls nearly past out in terror... so what does a mom do... well, laugh hysterically, of course... and THEN go rescue the girls.

Yummmm, candy!  I'm pretty sure Brooke is in pure heaven in the picture.  I don't think this girl has had this much sugar in her entire life.
And no that is not chocolate around Brody's mouth... yep, it's dirt alright... mixed in with a little donut, candy, soda, you name it.
Watching the 3 musketeers was definitely a highlight for me... boy do they grow up fast!
This was our other 'home away from home'.  When it became too hot at the campsite we ventured to this very beautiful creek to splash and play and skip rocks... oh and to bathe, too :-)
What studs!!  

3 very dirty, but very happy girls
Best friends forever
Donuts - of course.  And naturally the sticky the better, all the more easier for dirt to cling to.
Watching the Belnap mother-daughter photo shoot.
Thank goodness for Madison... can I just take you where ever we go... I'm serious... Scott can't calm Brooke down, let alone hold her without her screaming... you've got the magic touch girl!!

A man and his blow-dart... it's a beautiful thing!!

Home Sweet Home - thanks to the McKnights we had nearly every luxury from home imaginable... these guys really know how to camp!



Popular posts from this blog

Whoa baby, it's been a lonnnng time!

OK, here we go... my attempt to play catch up... Scrolling down you see it was just a few posts ago that I was so proud of my new lil 2nd grader. Well as time so often does it just flew right by and we just wrapped up 2nd grade year... watch out 3rd grade. As tradition in our house here is Sam's mini shoot commemorating her 2nd grade year.

Brody stories...

I know I’m biased, but I really do think my kids are hilarious and say the funniest things. Here’s a Brody story for you... Last Sunday (May 20th) we were eating dinner with the TV on in the background turned down pretty low. We were all talking about random things and then some image flashed on the TV. Scott looked to Brody and said ‘what is that?’. Side note: we are always trying to quiz him on what things look like and what he sees and if he can make out objects at certain distances away...given his eye issues.  Well, I don’t remember what the photo or image was on TV, but I remember his answer being not quite right. So a few seconds later something else appeared on TV - I think it was a cactus - and we quickly asked Brody ‘what is that?’... and he said cactus. And then a dog came on the screen and he just said dog (like the trained animal HE is ;-). And then...the next thing that came on the screen was a photo of some restaurant’s wine cellar and wine selection. So I asked,

Our prima ballerina!

Miss Sammy had her 2nd dance recital with Miss Annie's dance class. I was beaming ear to ear watching her dance her heart out. She was absolutely beautiful, graceful and completely poised. I'm so glad she enjoys dance class and can't wait to start up the next session.